Getting through residential inpatient treatment is a huge accomplishment, but the truth is that the most difficult part of recovery is what comes next. The transition back into life is different for everyone, and some have a harder time than others, but that’s why we’re here to support you and get you through.
If you choose to remain close to your treatment center, they will stick by your side and help you to reintegrate back into society. Or if you’d like to head home right away, we will ensure that you have everything you need to successfully make that transition.
Before getting discharged from treatment, it is important to find a sponsor, a trusted facility to complete outpatient treatment, and a recovery home that suits your needs.
Benefits of Aftercare.
There are a plethora of benefits of aftercare treatment. By participating in continuing counseling, support groups, and transitional living, you will be provided with an extra layer of accountability to reduce your chances of returning to old habits. You’ll also have access to other recovering addicts who understand what you’re going through, a host of professionals to aid you, and motivational speakers to encourage you on your journey.
Aftercare programs can also benefit your family members and loved ones. Participating in family therapy sessions will allow your family to grow together and learn how to cope with your recovery as one unit – building up a support structure for you and creating a mutual understanding with them. Family members may choose to attend 12-Step meetings as well, which is a safe place for them to share their experiences and receive advice and support.
Basic steps of aftercare.
- Participate in continual care therapy – Participating in on-going counseling or therapy sessions will allow you to work on underlying issues that may have initially caused the addiction.
- Learn about triggers – By learning to identify and cope with triggers, you will be able to better prepare yourself to deal with them without turning to drugs or alcohol.
- Cope with stress and cravings – Stresses and cravings are almost unavoidable, so it is essential that you learn how to cope with them to reduce your risk of relapse.
- Relapse prevention – A key component to your aftercare treatment is having a plan in place in the event of a relapse, which should include several individuals to contact.
Types of aftercare.
- Continuing counseling – Counseling will help keep you in check, provide you with a safe environment to share your thoughts, and teach you how to cope with cravings.
- Support groups – It is extremely helpful to be able to talk with others who are going through the same struggles as you and who understand your pains, issues, and concerns.
- Transitional living – Transitional living houses can help prepare you for your new life of sobriety. Learning to live again can be a challenge, so they teach you what you need to know to succeed.
Say Hello To Your New Life
Welcome to your new life of sobriety. Are you ready to take on the world? It can be difficult to adjust to a new lifestyle and learn how to live again, especially when you go back home to face the places and people that you used to use drugs or alcohol with. You don’t have to struggle on your own, though, there are plenty of resources available to you.
We have programs set up to help you build up your resume, apply to jobs, prepare for interviews, and, ultimately, get hired. Or if you’d rather further your education, we’ll help you find a GED or college program that suits your needs and will help you advance your skill set. Whatever your goals may be, we’re here to help you reach them.
What people are saying about the National Assessment Foundation
“I cannot say enough about National Addiction Foundation — the services they offer are invaluable. They didn’t just find any program for my son, they took the time to find the right one. I will always remember what they have done to help my son and our family. I can’t express how grateful I am for their services and will recommend them to all that are in need. Thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart.”
“I am so thankful and blessed to have National Addiction Foundation as part of [my life]. They made this happen for my father, and I will forever be in debt to them for their help during this difficult time. I truly appreciate the work that you all do.”
“National Assessment Foundation was the miracle I prayed for. They went above and beyond in reaching out to make sure my son was on the plane and on his way to safety and treatment. I have been able to sleep at night knowing he is in good care and on his way to a change in behavior and choices. They are helping him win the battle of addiction, and I will forever be grateful to them for saving his life.”
Not Sure About Insurance? We Offer Free Consultation.
Contact us for a confidential assessment
CALL 1-844-302-3735 OR FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW.